Friday 1 November 2013

Brighter Days

I have this habit of ordering wallpaper samples even if I have no intention of wallpapering anywhere.  Sometimes I just like the colours or design, sometimes they are good for inspiration.  Recently I ordered some from The Decorating Shop and I was immediately inspired.  They have a great range of wallpapers from top brands including Harlequin and Graham & Brown. 

But it is this one in particular really jumped out at me.  The geometric pattern in vibrant colours, and the colours being a great mix of some of my favourites, I had to order a sample. 

With the sample arriving and being just as vibrant as online, I could now visualise it in a living room.  It would also be suitable in maybe a teenage girls bedroom, but something about these darker nights made me want to picture a brighter living room to come home to.

Available in 4 colourways Harlequin Kaleidescope

So with wallpaper in hand I needed some ideas for pieces that would pull this room together.  Firstly I'd love to add a retro inspired black leather sofa, and an accent chair in bright pink.  For my chair I head straight over to Plush Deco for their Pink Barcelona Chair it really works well with the two tones of pink in the paper. 

Available in a variety of colours from Plush Deco


I was then lucky enough to come across these cushions whilst browsing some of my other favourite sites, and quite frankly it all made me really want to redecorate my living room.......shame I just have, will have to wait a little while now.

Cushions available (clockwise from top left) Made, Rose & Grey , Quirk & Rescue and Rose & Grey also

So there is now a lot of colour and design going on but the other walls are quite bare?  No worries, simple and cost effective way to fix that.  In fact 3 options you can look at.  Buy some tester pots of paint in colours from the wallpaper and mask up some squares, maybe even overlay them and you will get something like the following effect (note I have just done this on my pc to explain better what I mean, obviously it will look tons better on the wall!).

Paint squares of colours from the wallpaper to add life to the other walls.

Second possibility, picking up some square white photo frames (if you cant find white fine wooden and spray paint them - remembering to use the spray paint outside, covering the ground and wear a mask), and create some letters on the computer, for example spelling out love or punk.  One letter per frame and there is your own art.  Remember as this is for personal use at home you are ok.


And thirdly, why not put up a floating shelf in white (my walls are white so this works for me) and in frames (white is my preferred option here) in various sizes frame colours of card, again using the colours from the wallpaper.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment